So since I verbally commited to doing the Pasadena Half (maybe full but doubt it) Marathon, I guess I'd better train.
Tonight-Speedwork. I HATE speedwork, so I guess I'd better suck it up and do it.
8 x 400M 90 second recovery @ 2:15 target.
Lap 1-1:55 (yeah)
Lap 2-1:56 (cool-and still no pain in my knee)
Lap 3-2:06 (still ok)
Lap 4: 2:05 (starting to feel tired)
Lap 5: 2:10 (WHAT?!?)
Lap 6: 2:12 (this is starting to suck)
Lap 7: 2:13 (OK now I'm sucking wind)
Lap 8: 2:16 (Thank god it's over!!)
Oh-I just re-looked at the pace chart. At a 2:15 target, that would give me a 4:54 marathon, 5K race-30 minutes. I've been trying for a sub-30 5K so I better move my pace target to 2:10. I've been close, but have not been able to break that sub-30 5K. Looking at my lap times, I was able to do the first 5 laps at that pace. It's the last 3 when I get tired that I can't sustain that pace. Gotta work on that. Gotta increase the cardio. Can I blame the slower pace on the 175 situps and 140 burpees I did yesterday? HMMM maybe not. That's just an excuse I guess.
1 comment:
I am impressed with you! Keep up the good work, even if you hate it! It will pay off...as for needing "more" cardio...just stay the course, trust your training, and you will make it!
E-
Post a Comment