"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Thursday, June 26, 2008

Is it in my nature to be a slacker?

So it was the second night in a row for bootcamp. Boy I'm tired.
100 situps
run over to 100 burpees
run back to 75 situps
run to 75 burpees (only completed 40). Was glad to get over half done before time was called.

Tonight is tempo work...getting ready for Pasadena.

So is there a body type that wasnt' built for running? I sure feel like I'm one of them. When things start to get good, I get injured. Is this all in my head? By body tells me no. But I can't build up my cardio to do any better. According to Malkovich in Dangerous Liasons, maybe its not in my nature. Of course he does die in the end, of his own accord. Can't loose the extra weight. Can't increase my cardio. Can't Can't Can't. It's all in my head, right? I should be thinking what can I do to..... BUT Is it in my nature?

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Hey Joanne, I don't see my last comment to you, so I'm a thinking it never took. At any rate, I'm really glad you're a lemming, it's very cool to have you join us!

I was thinking about this comment, and don't think there's such thing as a limited body type. Here's a little except from the website bio of the woman who started See Jane Run...

"It was those very words that hatched the idea for See Jane Run. After years of standing on the sidelines, Lori Shannon decided it was her turn to run. Living in New York City, At 5’3” tall and wearing a size 16, she didn’t look like a typical marathoner. And yet, her desire was as strong as any athlete."

I do feel your pain, and suffer from the same self-doubts, only for me it's being too old to ever be able to squat properly or get limber enough to box jump. Blah, blah, blah... it's all so much bullshit.

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Even Eric has to work harder at swimming than others, but it's not like he's going to quit a tri or AR, right?

So, I don't know about you, but I'm going to keep squatting against the wall, and getting back on those f'ing boxes even if I have to wear baseball guards. lol!