"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Sunday, March 27, 2011

Reflection of 45 and the New 19% in 90

I don't think I posted reflections of the first Paleo challenge so here it is:
I learned that I'm really addicted to sugar, especially when I get stressed.
So to compensate, I replaced processed sugar with natural sugar in the form of dates in order to get through some days.

I learned that I eat when I'm bored so I try to stay as busy as possible. And those times that I have no control over my workload, I eat foods with nutritional value such as veggies, nuts or fruits and not chips or cookies.

I learned that I get bored eatting just eggs in the morning so I make a deal with myself and have my version of Paleo granola a few times a week. Paleo granola is just unsweetened, dried coconut flakes, almonds and some dried friut with almond or hazelnut milk heated up.

And most of all, it was devastating to learn my body fat percentage. I didn't realize how upsetting it was until the morning after our results. It made me cry. It still does. I let myself down, I let others down by being such a horrible example after so many years at bootcamp, I was so horribly unhealthy WITHOUT KNOWING ANY OF IT and being in pure denial.

NEW 90-day PALEO CHALLANGE STARTS TOMORROW

In preparation of the new challenge I cleaned our refrigerator. No not cleaned OUT the refrigerator, but CLEANED it...as in bring out the sponges, take out the drawer and get it sparkling clean.





I find that cleaning can sometimes be very cathartic and I didn't do my total top-to-floor cleaning last year. Why? Life? A job that exists in my life solely so I can pay bill? More focus to live a more active, healthier life? All those chip away at the 24-hours that exists in one day.

So I'm looking for a fresh start to the challenge.

With the last Paleo challenge, I cleaned out almost all of the foods that were in non-compliance. I kept some because Dave's boys would eat them in the summer and it's nothing I would normally touch-Hershey's chocolate sauce, peanut butter, high-fructose fake wanna be maple syrup, etc. And to get rid of them meant throwing more jars into the landfill which really REALLY makes me hesitant to get rid of them.

But since they aren't going to be here this summer, and I had a need to do something that was literally and symbolically a clean start, I cleaned and de-cluttered my fridge. I got rid of the stuff that was just sitting there representing an unhealthy diet.

Checklist for the start of the week:

-Celery cleaned and precut so I can have them with almond butter when cravings come calling.
-Stocked up on dates I can have those instead of sugar wafers from the Bookcase-Full-Of-Crap at work.
-Almonds in the pantry.
-I made baked kale for other cravings.
-Free Range chicken for dinner tonight and leftovers for lunch.

No comments: