"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Monday, July 27, 2009

Saturday's 8 mile run from the Rose Bowl was great from an aesthetic point of view. I was really blown away with the view and the stag that jumped out 15 feet in front of me. WOW! Yup I'm just a city girl.

What I realized pretty early on last week, was that I shouldn't and can't run that many days. My legs felt weak on Thursday. I knew taking Friday off so I could do the 8 miles on Saturday wasn't enough time off. But oh well. I did it anyways. I really should have done crossfit on Thursday to give my legs a rest from all that pounding. Once again-oh well.

I just couldn't resist the route on Saturday and I wanted to get my legs used to going that distance.

So Eric's voice is in my head constantly telling me I should do speedwork, I shouldn't do so many running days, but should do crossfit. That the training that I'm doing could lead to injuries. Work on nutrition. Junk miles are counter productive (my Thursday run). Lift my knee when I run and lean. No heal striking. Quick feet. See I do listen, but there is a difference between listening and doing. Hmmm anything else?

Mental checklist - I will get back to working on nutrition (back to getting rid of carbs like breads). Running form will be worked on tonight. And I'm going to limit my runs to only 2 a week (depending on bootcamp workouts). If BC includes speedwork, do I count that as a running day? I will then constantly have to reevalute my workouts.

No comments: