I hate starting over. But I think that's what I said at the beginning of this year or the end of last.
My month-long hiatus from running has taken it's toll. Three steps forward, two and a half steps back.
ARGGG
My own fault. Yes I'm my own worse enemy. Yes I blogged that before. So just like everyone else, I'm a creature of habit. And admitted lazy.
If I'm going to end in the top 50% of the Maui Half, I'm going to have to step up to the plate and do something. Wishful thinking isn't going to get me anywhere.
Tuesday was the 5 mile loop around Kersting Ct. That took 59+ minutes. Basically I'm back to a 12 mm pace for any distance running. Nope - that's not going to cut it. ARGGG
Unfortunately this weekend is a bit hectic to get back into the swing of things. Am I stalling? Well yes and no.
Dentist/fillings Friday late PM so running is probably out.
Saturday-going to LA central library & getting room ready for Dave's boys
Sunday-can run in AM since I have a tea party to go to in the PM. But this will be the first day they will be here. Maybe I can do a short run early AM so I'll be home by breakfast. OK. Yes. That's what I'll plan on.
No comments:
Post a Comment