"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Yesterday's 5K time 33:34

From Santa Anita x Grandview - out and back
Even with hills, I was hoping for sub-30. If I could do a sub-30 with the hills, then I know I could do it on a flat course. I was a bit disappointed, but now my attitude is to add some speedwork into the training. Yup-still hate speedwork but I know it will help.

One of my goals on this run was to not walk. Not on the hills. I only stopped for water at the turnaround. I might have slowed down, but I didn't stop to walk. I was happy for that.

It annoyed me just a bit that P- passed me. But my stamina was better and I was able to pass him again and keep ahead of him. It only annoyed me because I know P- isn't a runner. His training is for other reasons, other disciplines, any yet, here he was passing me on the uphill. And I was annoyed at me, not him. I can only applaud his continued efforts.

No comments: