Last night-in 30 minutes
1 mile
7 rounds goat hill, BB court lunges, 10 push ups.
Miles 8:58! This is the first time I've been able to do a sub-9 mm! It felt surreal, but I realized IT'S REALLY HARD WORK for me to run that fast. I mean REALLY HARD WORK. Damm now the goal is to see if I can consistantly run a sub-9. I barely made this one, and that's only with the help of Alba sprinting up from behind me on the last stretch and saying we could do it. Thank you Alba!
She thinks I did 9 rounds since she did 8 and was behind me. But I really don't think I miscounted, so I'm keeping my count at 7. I'd rather admit to a count that I know I've done, rather than a higher count that I don't remember doing.
Either way, I PRd my mile by 11 seconds and I did 1 more goat hill.
Things to work on: I need to condition myself into lifting up my knees. I can do it when I hear Eric say to, but I can't sustain that (form? speed?) I get tired and I still try to lean, but can't keep my knees up, which slows my pace. Something to work on next cycle (and during the off week).
Also need to work on the voice in my head. When I did my first lap, Eric said I was on a 8mm pace. I knew then that I went out too fast, but that first lap felt OK. It was the 3rd lap that I started to really get tired. My legs started to feel heavy and I started thinking there's no way I can beat a 9:09 mm, and I still had to finish that lap and run another one. I was still doubting that test-in time was accurate and Eric (and my watch) must have been wrong. So I would shoot for a 9:20 mm since I normally am at a 9:30 pace. I still don't think of myself running close to a 9mm so I need to quiet that negative and doubtful voice. Top 50 needs to speak just a little louder!
1 comment:
Yeah Joanne!!! Great job. So you and D PR'd big time on your mile times...so excellent.
Good observation on lifting the knees and leaning more. As you lean more you have to pick up the legs faster..quick leg turn over. Believe me..still working on this stuff too. I lose it when I push for the speed.
Post a Comment