"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Thursday, November 20, 2008

No Conviction

Well I'm sorta zoning, kinda. I know Eric. I can hear you in my mind. I'm trying to eat better, but no, I'm not weighing and portioning my food. Not yet. And my ratios are off. Last week I spent hours figuring out the week's menues and compiling the shopping list for this week. But opps, I forgot Dave was out of town for a few days. That changed portions, etc. So Nope I'm not Zoning with conviction.

Yesterday meals:
Breakfast: 1/3 oatmeal before it was cooked-so I guess about 2/3 afterwards, 1 soy sausage patty and coffee.

9 am snack: 1/2 donut (I'm bad). How many extra squats for this?

Lunch: 2 grilled chicken thighs( I know I should have stuck with 1 ), about 1/2 C TJs mixed grain

Snack: one 400 ml container with cucumbers and tomatoes. No protein unless you count one small dark chocolate Halloween candybar.

Dinner: 1/2 spaghetti squash (what? about 1 C), about 5 lg sauted muchrooms (approx 1 C) and 1 zucchini (again approx 1 C), sprinkled with feta cheese. Since I used a few T of the TJs artichoke tomato spread for the sauce, where does that fit in? And Nope-not alot of protein. Should have saved one of the chicken thighs to go with this.

So I'm trying to eat healthier and slowly ease into the Zone. If I could just lose 1 small kettlebell or the light med ball.... Yeah that's how my mind works.

2 comments:

Carol said...

You are too hard on yourself. I know that only "kinda zoning" does not really get us where we need/want to be. But you should give yourself credit for the steps you are taking. And even with small steps, you will eventually get there.

Creative Mama said...

do what you can... it IS better than not at all... and each day... work towards serving yourself by feeding it well...
keep up the planning and prepping..