"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Last night's bootcamp was at the new Academy. It turned out there was only 6 of us. Don't know if that was because of the even worse LA air quality caused by the fires, if it was because of the post-Pasadena Marathon let-down, if it was because of just life in general sometimes gets in the way, or the intimidation factor of the Academy.

For me, I like the Academy workouts as a good change of pace. Don't think I'm not a bootcamper. That is my first choice of workouts. I like the outdoor workouts. I like the variety. I like not having to work with weights all the time. But the Academy adds a nice variety to the mix, which is why I like adding the Friday night Happy Hour. Well, it is also the dinners afterwards. But, really, I do like having that workout and I'm hoping more bootcampers take advantage of this. After all, the social part is as much of bootcamp as the workouts.

So last night was in a team of 3, 1 minute workouts at 5 stations with a 1 minute rest at the end.

So here's my take on this. I liked the tire station where you flip then jump through. I've been tempted to try this on Friday nights. It sounds fun and with 3 people, it was a goofy exercise without really thinking you are having a workout. Next-jump rope. Yup. It's jumping a rope, fast. As a kid, that was fun. Double Dutch. Stuff like that. If I wasn't so tired, I would have had schoolyard songs going through my head (and if I could remember them). Now it's just alot of cardio. Glad it was only 1 minute per station. Next-35 lbs of dead weight trying to "swing" it to shoulder level or above. yeaaahhh. righhhtttt. Here is where I felt it in my (insert tight body part here). The rowing and hip extention station pretty self explanitory. Glad I got to use that contraption. If you want to know what this is, you weren't there last night. Go to crossfit and find out.

And with only 6 people, Eric can really concentrate on our form. Thanks Eric for all the concerns for injuries and keeping an eye on our form. And thanks Carol and Alva for making this a fun workout.

No comments: