"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Friday, July 25, 2008

Life isn't always full of good surprises

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine-P. He's always off to New York, or Phoenix, or Chicago, London, etc. So when he called I thought he just got back from vacation in (insert some city). I forgot he was in New York for his boss' son's wedding.


So he had just gotten back from New York when he got a phone call from the Wichita police. His father died in his sleep, and P just spoke with him the night before. His father sounded fine. Now, after the funeral, the settling of the estate and how to take care of his mother who has alzheimers, who was being taken care of by his father. How tragic. I feel for their whole family, especially his mother. Can you imagine being lost, not always knowing where you are, or even who you are? But then there's always one face that you recognize, who you feel safe around. And then all of a sudden that person is gone. You don't know why. You don't know when. You may not even know why you feel scared, why you feel your security is gone, only that you know you're lost.


So we really need to show the people we love how much we appreciate them. And Mr G, I hope you're at peace. I never met you, but I've met your son and one of your daughters. And I know from them that you were a good and kind person.

No comments: