"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 5 - Armed

Left the house armed with a plan...



Round 1 done. What we came back with were bags of food that should last through Tuesday. We try to shop locally and humanly when and where we can, which means the eggs, chicken and chicken sausage are free-range, most of the fruits and veggies come from a small, local store called Dogwoods or from a farmers mart, and we choose organic when we can. This first shopping venture = $47.01



Of course things are always subject to change.

Today's menu:
Breakfast - 2 eggs and chicken basil sausage meat. Coffee.

Lunch - 2 pcs of chicken from El Polo Loco and some steamed veggies off of Dave's plate ;>)

Snack-dried veggies and nuts

Dinner-grass feed ground beef patties, sauteed mushrooms and mustard and beet greens.

WORKOUTS:
Friday night's workout was Fran. 21-15-9 of push press and pullups. I could only do the push press withh the 33 lb. bar. No weights! Did I feel weak! I did my pullups assisted with the bands, but I was happy I moved from the blue and pink to the blue and purple so my goal next time is to try to use the blue band only.

Today's workout was the first training run for Mt. Wilson... 3 hill repeats up Baldwin. Time to hit the top was 7:33, 8:15 and 8:05 but complete round were 12:22, 12:53 and 12:45. Rest was 1/2 time. Wish I could say it felt easy.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

So if you don't know about green, this is how I make it.
Cut a few strips of bacon into small pieces and saute. Cut the top of beet greens into med. size pieces. Dandelion and beet greens cook pretty much like spinich.

BTW Beet and dandelion greens are high in lutins and beet greens also have betacarotene.

Joanne said...

So if you don't know about green, this is how I make it.
Cut a few strips of bacon into small pieces and saute. Cut the top of beet greens into med. size pieces. Dandelion and beet greens cook pretty much like spinich.

BTW Beet and dandelion greens are high in lutins and beet greens also have betacarotene.