Mile 8:40
6 rounds of hills, 10 pushups, 10 box jumps 10 dips
Yes I was shocked at the mile time. I really thought that was a mistake, but my watch said the same thing. I really was worried about just getting a sub-9 (like 8:57). And I was pushing, but I felt it was harder a few months ago when I first got my mile time to a sub-9.
Three things were different this time.
1. Urbana was right behind me and I couldn't slow down. I didn't want to lose my pace and also didn't want to slow her pace down.
2. I changed some of the meals to be Paleo (no all the time)and I've dropped a few pounds-about 5 lbs in the last 1-1/2 weeks. I've been wondering if this is
a) a safe rate to drop the pounds
b) a permanent or temporary loss
3. I've been doing the speedwork and long runs. This adds 2-3 additional running days to the workout schedule.
THOUGHTS:
If I can lose another 5 lbs in the next 3 weeks, will my mile time drop to 8:30 or even a sub-8:30? That would be a shocker. Hell 8:40 is a shocker!
If I back off on the running (after the Maui Half and after the mud run), will my weight go back up? How much of this is due to what I'm eating and how much is due to the additional workouts? What will my mile time be?
No comments:
Post a Comment