2:14 - 11:10 pace
My goal was to complete in 2:03, so I was 11 minutes over my goal. This is a minute per mile over. Not happy about that, but I can't change the times on this run.
I didn't feel this run went as well. I felt better last week during the 10 miler.
It could be that I ate really crappy yesterday. Lunch was a chicken burrito was rice and beans. That just sat in my stomach like a lump. BLAH. Then last night, for the boys' last night here, they wanted pizza. I had 3 slices of Round Table pizza. Not the best meals the day before a long run.
I was also running on a new pair of shoes. And not loving the new shoes. Maybe gels aren't going to work for me. I still got hotspots and had to stop once to retie and once to relace-neither fixed the problem. Between miles 1-1/2 to 3, the hotspots start to bug me, and the gel, only on the right, starts to bunch up under the toes. This is when I stop a bit and walk. At about mile 9, my toes were getting numb.
This was the first run on these shoes. I'll give it another few runs to decide my next move.
No comments:
Post a Comment