"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The workout last night was 4 X 800m. Here's the loop-Start at Baldwin/Alegria. Run up to Mira Monte (19% grade) - over to Mountain Trail - back to start. It really was a bit longer than 800m loops since the distance per mapmyrun is .65 miles.

5:48
5:59
5:58
6:18

2:43 rest inbetween

So here's the funny part about the times. The last round actually felt ok. Yes it was tough, but I was surprised the time was so much slower. The last part, from Mt Trail to Baldwin is all uphill. It didn't feel too bad, considering it was lap 4 and I was tired. I picked my head up and just pushed on. So seeing that the time was a full 20 seconds slower than the previous lap is a bit surprising. I lost most of the time on the first uphill - up to Mira Monte. That part I felt slow and my legs felt heavy but I really thought I made that time up on the downhill section.

This was a good workout. The temp at the school was really hot and I wasn't really looking foward to working out in the sun and heat. But we got to Alegria and it was cooler and shaded. YEAH! Much more motivating to work out.

So this was really a short 2.5 mile run yet my legs sure feel it this morning! Does that mean it was a quality run?

No comments: