Mile time: 9:30 :(
Overall 25:41 :)
So my mile time was signficantly slower - 30 seconds, but my overall time was 45 seconds faster. Go figure?!?
I knew I was running slower since I crossed the line not feeling as winded as after a sub-9. It was mental since my legs were feeling heavy. I should have known it was mental but the voices in my head were making excuses about running the hills the day before and how hot it was and how we had to lunge 400 yds (or is it meters?). Yup more excuses.
Eric said if we aren't happy with our times, we need to look at what changes there have been. Hmmm let me see...
More alcohol consumption in this last cycle
Less healthy eating in they cycle (more carbs and not just in alcohol)
Increased workouts to include runs on Tuesdays (which was why my legs were a bit tired on Weds.)
And about a 20 deg temp increase from test-in 6 weeks ago.
Unfortunately (excuse) I can't do that much about the weather or the increase in bad carbs for another 5 1/2 weeks, but I can do something about the alcohol consumption, which has tapered down this past week, back to almost nothing!
OK OK when the boys first arrived down here, I was having a beer with dinner as a way to relax. But that was only for about a week or two.
Next plan of action to repair this...not having a beer each night with dinner, add speedwork (BLAH), try to eat better with what choices are presented, add a workout so I keep up with:
Workouts on M, T, W
Rest on Thurs & Fri
Workouts on Sat & Sun
No it's not ideal, especially since this works out to 5 on, 2 off. But that's what I'm shooting for since that's what my schedule allows.
1 comment:
Ever thought of the 3 on, 1 off. I prefer it much more...its hard to give up the training at first...but you recover better. Im seeing PRs left and right...strength and speed PRs...
E-
Post a Comment