I love my friends. Don't get me wrong with the following bitching. But organizing the Summer Solstice Fun Run is alot of work. Well - not the organizing, but getting the yard ready to do this. It would be different if the yard was already hardscaped and landscaped and I had the furniture. But it's not and I don't.
I love all the plotting we're doing so the organizing is so much fun. The decisions on where to send them, which public transportations would (or would not) be allowed, hills or no hills, what cities are going to be covered and what locals are in those cities, etc. That is fun.
So trying to build 2 more benches and the frame for the cast iron sink (to be used to hold ice/drinks - hopefully will be really cool) has been stressful. I might be stuck in the garage for the rest of the week and may have to miss bootcamp on Wednesday. This is not what I want. And the weather may not cooporate with my plans :( And the thought of spending all day cleaning the house is the last thing on my list of "things I want to do on my birhtday." I also may have to skip my annual trip to the museum so I have time to .... clean. Oh what fun.
Trying to do this, while still trying to work with the new puppy (which training is now non-existant) and trying to keep my dog from "over-disciplining" the puppy, and still trying to fit in bootcamp, and the vet appts, and trying to get a glass piece out for this month's contest, and fitting in all the social requirements (family-required graduations, dinner),and socializing with friends on events, and trying to get the house cleaned, and ....
I'm hoping the 50+ people will all fit into the backyard comfortably. I have no idea how 50+ people are going to have room to do pushups and situps, let alone just sit or stand and socialize afterwards.
When Jim and I first bought the house, my first requirement was the patio because I wanted to have dinner parties out there. Well it never was installed until after Dave moved in. Dave reminded me that I wanted that patio so we can socialize. So be careful what you ask for. HA. I guess 50+ people is a good test. I'm just very anxious about this. And if they are all going to fit.
There are worse things in life than trying to figure out how to accommodate 50+ friends. That, in itself, is a nice thought.
Deep cleansing breaths....
6 comments:
You are making me stressed just reading this. Do what you can - leave the rest. And the rest of your team is happy to help clean, organize, and do whatever else you need!!!
And remember it will be fun, they will have fun, and we are doing something good for the community too.
So don't ruin your b-day with stress. It will all work out - guaranteed!!!!!
Oh I know it will. It's just I have all these thoughts and projects in my mind. And I think they HAVE to get done.
Girlfriend... we'll bring our own chairs and if we forget; we're Adventure Racers, we ENJOY sitting on the ground.
HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY and I'll see you Saturday night... when Hope and I stomp the crap out of our last place finish last year... HA!
I totally agree with Carol and Kelly; let it go! Don't clean your house for us.
And I especially support Kelly's plug for our team...yeah.NO MORE LAST PLACE FOR US..we're ready to run in the right direction this time!
Thanks to you, Carol, Dave and Jane for doing this.
OK Yeah- no cleaning the house!!!!
And remember-there are no last place losers as long as your "doing" and having fun.
Life is about fun.
Whoa I'm all the way in Sacramento and can feel the stress! Listen to all the PP and relax. Enjoy your birthday and GO to the museum. It will all work out.
Post a Comment