"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Monday, May 11, 2009

Orchard

Saturday 8.6 mi to Orchard and back
Up 1:20:49
Down 54:52
Total 2:15:44

Since I'm not running, and therefore not training for Wilson, I could "enjoy" this run. I started to have some slight tightness and pain in my right hip flexor on the way up, which I think caused some irritation in my left knee. Yeah I know you know how that all works! So I didn't mind having a slower pace on the way down. Hey I'm not racing Wilson so I'm not going to risk injury for a "fun" run.

I got to enjoy the shaded areas, notice how pretty the ferns are, etc. It's really be a while since I've been up to Orchard, so this was a nice run.

What really surprised me was the run on the way down. You know when you're past the ropes, there's the part just before you come upon First Water? The surprise is the familiarity I felt when I hit this section. It hit me! WOW! I know this trial. I knew that once I pass First Water, there's the uphill section and then it's an easy run home from there. I KNEW THIS! I FELT THIS!

No comments: