"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Tuesday, February 24, 2009

9.15=1:49

Well at least there's consistancy at a 12mm pace.

It still amazes me that my mantra of "I hate running with a passion" is really something that is good for me. Not the mantra, but the running. I guess what we like the least may be what we really need. When I started the run tonight, I didn't have much energy. My head wasn't in the right place but I needed to do a long run since I'm already committed for the Pasadena Half (or as my family thinks, I SHOULD be committed). Should I do 8 miles? 10? 3? Just put on the shoes, the ipod, need my vest & headlamp, tell Dave what route and ... just go. Yes he want to know my route. And that's good in case a search party is required. And that also keeps me committed to those roads. Maybe not the distances, but at least the route.

After the first mile, my concentration was on form, how tight my calf felt, what other parts hurt, but I just kept going. That took my mind off of other things life tends to throw in front of us. But I noticed I started to have a change in dispostion, in a positive way. No worries when running. Maybe aches and pains, but no worries.

My mind likes to go into design mode. What next on the yard? What next for the house? How can we improvise on this problem? So this run was good. There's an artisic glass medium yahoo group I'm in and they do monthly contests. Next month is windchimes. So on this run, I completed the preliminary design into a final one. Now I just need to execute and hope and pray it comes out right. Its always a crapshoot and usually not successful. But it makes the ones that do come out right even that much more meaningful.

So I'm still keeping my mantra, but as Nietzshe says "That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

No comments: