"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This year, due to a grave reduction in my wages, I have decided (really I'm forced) to cut down on holiday spending. Funny but I'm finding this less stressful. I don't know why. I'm even having more fun being creative and making many gifts. All my gifts had thought put into them, but I think this year it has more heart. This year's holiday season, with the economy in the tank, I'm much happier, I'm less stressed and I'm more appreciative of time-both of other's and my own.

This seems to be the tone for the year. Not only me, but others I've heard from. Hopefully this is a new trend in our society. It's not about how much $$ we spend, but the time we spend together that matters.

Tonight, the rains have made me decide to skip bootcamp again. I missed Monday because we had just gotten back from up north and I was tired and the rains made it a good excuse to slack. So tonight it looks like the same theme.

I'm looking forward to watching a Christmas movie, wrapping some more gifts and finishing addressing the holiday cards. Maybe I'll even have some hot chocolate or hot apple cider. Yum. Let the holidays begin!

2 comments:

Mountain Goat said...

Hey Joanne:

Seems you,the Dave and I are all thinking along similar lines in regards to the Holidays. For years I've been disgusted with the rampant overspending, stress and overt commercialization of Christmas. So GOOD FOR YOU.

My financial circumstances are very strained as well, yet I too am more in the "spirit" than I have been in the past several years. I just feel really grateful for my family, my friends, my clients and bootcampers. I am blessed with some wonderful people in my life; you and Dave are right at the top of my list.

Okay, so maybe the "spirit" first got me when I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" last Sunday night. I even blogged about it...I'm such a sap. I LOVE THAT MOVIE!

So let's all us poor folk have a VERY MERRY and NO Stress CHRISTMAS together.

Joanne said...

Oh I'm jealous! You watched "Its a Wonderful Life?" That's one on the top of my list of Must See Christmas movies