"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Thursday, December 11, 2008

Love and Hate. Isn't it the same thing?

Last night's BC was sprints and push ups. That's it. Just that. But trust me, that was ENOUGH.

Earlier, when we were at the middle school, I was looking forward to getting back to the park so we can run snakes up the bleachers. Yup. I wanted that. And I got it. In a different form, but we were up there running sprints across the top. Here's the complete workout last night:

(Sprint to one end, 5 push up with toes up on the bleachers so you're elevated
Rest) X 10
(Sprint to one end, down the stairs, sprint back, up the stairs to 10 push ups-Rest) X 5

Thats it. Loved it. My periformis didn't bother me so I really loved that. Hated the back sprints because I kept running out of steam in that back section. But thanks to Femmie, Amy & Carmen for the encouragement, comraderie, pushing me and letting me keep up with you.

As far as Dave goes, I've been telling him he needs to ice that ankle. Has he done it? Nope. I mentioned Eric said he needs to put is foot in an ice bath. No verbal response but the look said nope. Or maybe it was just the silence like he didn't hear a word I said that conveyed the message. But when we were sitting down to dinner and I mentioned Amy was thinking of the Pasadena Half instead of the full marathon....well, Dave mumbled somthing about missing his running partner, got up, went to the freezer and got some ice out for his ankle. I think there's going to be another woman in the house until the ankle is better and he's running on it. Maybe I'll just post her name all over the house. Welcome Home Amy!

3 comments:

Dave-O said...

Cut me some slack! I was icing it Monday night while you were out back in your studio (instead of at BC!)....all by myself.

Mountain Goat said...

My class was working down below the "snake" also doing sprints and a "fun"(tee-hee) ladder of Push-ups, Sit-ups, Squats and dips. It was great seeing you guys and I loved that both our classes could motivate each other. You guys looked great!

Yeah..icing sucks, but it sounds like Dave has gotten the point; it rarely works for a "significant other" to say too much about such things, you did your part.

Kellie said...

Oh my... I'm staying off this post!