"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Thursday, November 13, 2008

Various thoughts. Addicted to consumerism? Damm you Eric? Hmmmm


Yeah one has nothing to do with the other but, yes, that's the way my mind works.

First the consumerism. We're surrounded by it. We're brought up to believe the more toys you have, the more successful you are. Nope. I'm trying to break that addiction but addictions are hard to break. Every morning I log onto REI and see what their Deal of the Day is. Today-a hydration pack. Oh only $15! What a Deal. get it today, and only today at that price. It really is a deal, IF I needed one. But between D and I, we have FOUR of them. (Well I really have 3 and he has 1). But we have FOUR of them in the house. Need to stop that feeling of getting the bargain just because it's a bargain. I'm trying to adopt Suze Orman's habit of "Buy only what you need." Oh so hard.

Now for the second thought, and this thought will continue for the next few days. Who would have thought your own body weight can be your enemy! OK some of us know this when we look in the mirror or try to climb the stairs or try to run... Last night's workout was Tabatas. Yeah Tabatas. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was hard last night. ESPECIALLY THOSE DAMMED SQUATS. I thought I used to pump out squats like crazy-no problemo. Having to hold that position is VERY different. ESPECIALLY if you have to keep a good form.

NEVER EVER will I say or think bootcamp is easy. Did I ever say Bootcamp was easy? No. Especially in the middle of it. Maybe after I catch my breath, the pain wears off, after I can walk again, after I can raise my arms again, after...... But that's when you get some and go again.

2 comments:

Dave-O said...

So, does the fact that I only have one compaired to your THREE tell you anything?

Creative Mama said...

stop. think. & then walk away. that's how I shop... unless it fits... then... it's buy buy buy... return return. keep.

xo