This morning while D was marathon training, I was up and decided to run to Home Depot again. Literally. Me and my ipod, ATM in the back pocket and off I went. I took it slow so it was 24 minutes to get there.
My reflection on this? 'Cuz you know there is. Its amazing how slow I can run. I know I'm slow when the ants are passing me up. Does that mean I'm now running backwards? I kept my eye on a stop sign and it just wouldn't get any closer. And I'm talking about a stop sign that was at the end of the block. I could have gotten there faster if I walked. Yeah-you think I'm joking? Hardly!
And trying to get to that every-elusive stop sign I had E's voice (I guess its now SUFFER) telling me to push through it, don't stop until after you pass it. Yeah would you stop just 5 feet in front of the finish line and walk through it? No he doesn't say that but that's what he means.
I could feel the periformus, hamstring, blah blah blah all tighten so I felt compelled to walk half the time. But it seemed like the tightening started when my cardio would just start to get pushed. Did I even break a sweat on this run? Don't think so. But was this need to walk just an excuse to not have to push myself? Am I using this injury as an excuse to just cruise and put on "junk miles?" Maybe. But I could have drove to HD.
The nice part about having to take my time was that I didn't have to come back the same route to figure my time. I took the back route along Evergreen just to see something different. The route was just a bit longer, but didn't have the slight uphill grade and was less congested. Nice.
Oh yeah. What does this have to do with running in the rain? Nothing. But I got home just before it started.
No comments:
Post a Comment