Last night's crossfit was different. I don't know why or how come. But there was an atmosphere that made the workout "fun." And trust me, I use that word "fun" loosely. Was this the hopeful after-election atmosphere? Maybe with everything going on, everyone was trying hard to be jovial and light-hearted??? Maybe because the last few Fridays we went, D and I were the only bootcampers at Crossfit but last night Carol, Lenel and Sarah were there. We stayed together, we encouraged each other, we fed off of each other's energy. It felt more like Indoor Bootcamp that was Constantly Varied with Funtional Movements and High Intensity!
Now-Damm that Pablo! I was reading his blog yesterday and he mentioned GI Jane. My natural curiosity REQUIRED me to see what that was. Hmmm burpees to a jumping pullup x 100. hmmm Easily Doable? Yeah anything is easy when you're sitting at a desk watching a video of someone else doing the workout. I did want to do upper body because I need it and I suck at pullups. And being week 1 at BC, we haven't done much upper body. (Hey Eric-this doesn't mean you need to slam us next week ok?)
I mentioned we were doing GI Jane the look on Pablo's face made me regret this decision. He mentioned he did American Girl. WTF was that! That wasn't on his blog. He wrote GI Jane but did American Girl(or what ever is half the woman as GI Jane). OK - our out. We can Do American Girl but if we felt good, we can continue to GI Jane. Whew. Then I turn around and OMG our names have GI Jane next to it. We're stuck. We can't back out now.
Results? All 100 pushups from the toes. But at some point, I have no clue when, I started to do step backs on the burpees. I remember noticing it towards the end. But I don't know when this started. But I think it might have been during the first 50? Maybe? I kinda remember thinking my IT band felt tight. But was that why I went to step backs? I kinda remember some other stuff, but .... Funny how the mind just sort of goes into an automatic non-thinking mode and just does. I recall thinking about my pushup form. I recall keeping track of my numbers because we all know that if you forget where you are, you are at ONE.
Thanks Carol, Lenel, Sarah and Coach Hope for the energy to get through GI Jane. Next time we shave our heads and do her again? I think not. But next time, Lenel you can pick the workout! Just please don't read Pablo's blog.
2 comments:
Thanks to you Joanne. You rocked! Having you, Lenel and Hope there made it somewhat doable. Although, I have much to improve on. And yes, you have lost your "picking privileges" for at least a week or two!
I will gladly drink the koolaid. Carol-are you volunteering to pick next?
Post a Comment