"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Thursday, October 16, 2008

Last night I decided to listen to the debates instead of BC. I don't know if that was a mistake or not. I should have worked out and thought maybe, just maybe, a short "jog" to test things out should be in order. But my laziness, the warmth of the late afternoon, and the debates won out. I just parked myself to the TV, listening to McCain get more frustrated and try to hold back a tantrum. OMG he belabored points over and over and over again. We're not deaf- we get what you're trying to say! Get over it and move on! Yes I yelled at the TV. God you would think I was D watching the poor Dodgers lose :(

So since I didn't work out and am out of the Pas Half Marathon, I found myself on Active trying to see what events there are for cyclists! I no longer look at my bike as a leisurely ride, slowly riding around the block, looking at houses, gardens, the scenery. It's now a training tool. It's a mode of transportation to help train for some event. It's a way to work on my cardio while I'm not running. HELP ME I'VE BEEN SUCKED INTO THE BACK HOLE OF RACES AND WORKOUTS.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

LOL! I love your attitude.

Not even one circle around the

"Black Pit of Dispair"

which was where I wallowed after I broke my foot.

BTW: There's always the 6/09 Aids Ride if you need a big goal...

Carol said...

You may be out of the Pasadena 1/2, but since you are looking for biking activities - you can do the 26 mile "fun ride" that is associated with the marathon

Joanne said...

Trailrunner...me thinks you forget my motto. I'm proud to be a slacker :)~