Back at Ladies BC last night. And of course we were running! Ha! It felt good that I was sweating BECAUSE I was running. Yes my mantra is "I hate running with a passion" but when I'm deprived of something, that's the one thing I want.
I miss Eric's class, my friends, the friendly competition ...I just miss it. Not that the Ladie's BC is bad. The level of compassion and support is nice but its just different and change is hard sometimes.
The push ups I did also sucked. I had to go down to my knees much sooner that I wanted to. And the situps? I used to be able to pump those out-no problem. Now I have to take push hard to complete.
Thanks Kel & Hope for concerns about my periformus. Its so frustrating having to deal with this. And now my left Achilles is getting tight. Yes I'm taking ibuprofen and I brought the triggerball to work. No that won't help my Achilles unless I want to roll around on the floor at work so that will just have to wait.
Last night I had to suck it up, learned to baby it and get a ride down before it prolonged recovery even longer. That was frustrating but last night I let my injury dictate my pride and not the other way around.
1 comment:
J, there is nothing but honor to be found in listening to your body. This was not a life or death situation, it was nothing more serious than an opportunity to work your muscles. You did not cop out, cheat, slack or any of those things your ego would have you believe. Instead, you pocketed your pride and took care of yourself.
It was definitely not the easier, softer way and I'm glad I was there to witness such a wonderful shift in perspective.
Post a Comment