This Thursday my class starts again. Yeah. I'm so excited! Yes it's mainly social hour, but I have projects to work on! Many thoughts going through my head.
So I didn't blog about the 2x5K. I only did 1 since, yes, I'm injured. Sucks and I'm tired of blogging it. I'm sure you're tired of reading it. So on the 3rd, I did a 5K around the park. I kept thinking my Pasadena Half Marathonn time is going to suck. Then just after mile 2, I could feel that hamstring giving me problems. Kinda weird, sorta a pins-and-needles feeling. Hey-this new feeling took my mind off of other things. Is that sick when these new sensations are kinda interesting? Even if it is injury related? Hey it's new and different.
So Sunday a few of us decided to do a "leisurely" 48 mile bike ride from Duarte to Seal Beach. It was a great day for this ride. It was a bit humid, but other than that, it was great weather. Not too hot or sunny. And I loved the sites. I've lived here all my life and I couldnt' believe the number of houses with horses along this trail. Not just in South El Monte, but even further on. And Pico Rivera had a nice park that looks inviting. Hmm might have to find out which park that was and check it out. And the number of herons, many egrets, a huge flock of pelicans! And there's this section where they have a ramp down into the wash (I guess this is technically the San Gabriel River)! They encourage playing in the wash! I'm amazed! Wow the sites! I'm soooooo glad I did this.
Now for the kudos. Thanks Jane for getting this organized. And for those who hadn't been on a bike for a long time, you did great! Somehow sitting on the saddle for that many miles is a great feat in itself, let along peddling along for that distance. No complaining, no whining, no bitching. You are all great troopers! But what I would like to know is, with all the new technology available, can't someone make a saddle that is comfortable after mile 15? What do these Tour-de-France riders do? Can their butts be that calloused or numb? Oh what a thought. Mental note to self-work on biker butt before doing 48 miles again.
So I was asleep on the couch by 6 after this ride, barely awake to eat dinner. Must stay awake......Ok in bed by 7:15 and I was out!
No comments:
Post a Comment