"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th

So in honor of the Forth of July, and to stay with the marathon training, I ran 4 miles. Yeah it was supposed to be 5, but I guess I just can't read. I did mapmyrun and figured out a 5 mile loop. What I didn't count on was my memory, or lack of it. I thought I was supposed to run to Rodeo X Orange Grove, but it really was supposed to be Rancho. OPPS. So my run was really 4.6, not 5. Bummer. I was wondering why my time was spot on even though I felt like I was running so slow and I . Big OPPS.

So here are my splits for 2.25 miles 25:54 and 24.52. The reason the last was faster was because it was slightly downhill. And the uphill also included stopping to speak to a lady walking her dog about the stray that was running around about 50 yards from us. And to stop and say "Hi" to Ben and Lee who drove by after finishing their 5 miles. I was trying to get them to stop longer so I could have a longer break-no luck.

Talking about being accountable?!? What other group would you run into other friends at 7:15 am on a holiday! And they stop to offer works of encouragement! Love this group!

Skipped the 6 miles this morning. I was going to go, but after D&J B's last night, I decided to skip it. I was good and no drinking because I planned on leaving early so I could wake up to run. But after talking to DB and telling him about my new pain, he said it sounded like shin splints. We went on-line, and yup, new event, new injury. BUMMER. So I decided to ice-ice-rub-ice and not run today. Gotta be better for the AR. I iced, rubbed and wrapped it last night and did some jumping up and down on it. That seemed to help. Might wrap it for the AR.

No comments: