"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."~ Goethe


EASY - LIGHT - SMOOTH = FAST



Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Blogging our food?

So according to our Illustrious Leader-Eric, we're supposed to be blogging our food and using this as an on-line food journal. This could be very boring or very embarrasing.

So let me recount yesterday. The day I didn't work out but instead used my bike as an project.

Breakfast (same pretty much as every other day)
1/4 c oatmeal
3/4 T protein powder
topped with blueberries, flaxseed and almonds

Can't forget my coffee.

Snack
1 C low fat vanilla yogurt topped with frozen blueberries
water

Lunch
A large bowl of lettuce covered with shavings of parmesean cheese, 1/8 C white beans, a handful of organic baby heirloom tomatoes all topped with a county italian dressing.
water

Snack
3 pcs of turkey lunch meat
smoked oysters (got hungry waiting for D to get back from bootcamp)
Fizzy water

Dinner
Hamberger patty w/cheese
baked beans
corn
Fizzy water

So far today is a repeat of yesterday except my big bowl of lettuce was covered with lots of olives, capers, 12 grilled shrimp, baby heirloom tomatoes and 1 1/2 eggs with a basalmic vinegarette. My version of a Salade Nicoisse

HMM maybe tomorrow I'll have an antipasta salad.

I live for salads in the summer and soups in the winter. But I'm digressing. My food choices are simple-Oatmeal to lower my cholesterol, blueberries for macular degeneration that my optometrist tell me "Wow-I usually don't see that until the patient is in their mid-sixties." THANKS A LOT! Then to be reassuring, he says that it may level off and I would never notice. Yeah-that's very reassuring. I've known him WAY too long. Yogurt for the calcium all women need. Flaxseed is high in Omega-3s.

I get into my forties and my food choices have to be thought out. Boy I long for the days of wondering if I want The Hat, Roscoes Chicken & Waffles, The Stuffed Sandwich or The Boat. Yummm The Hat. Dipped bread pilled high with pastrami. Yummmm. My heart is beating faster but I don't know if that's just the plaque and cholesterol building up from the thought of pastrami

1 comment:

Creative Mama said...

man that's dedication... to blog your food... I'll have to think about that...